More about the birds

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crossing The Delaware: Part III

Hello all,

'tis the final chapter of our road trip paradise, and honestly this is my favorite part...THE FAMILY!

We drove up to see Toby's mom's side of the family and boy are they great! Full of life, fun and crazy...so we get along swimmingly. I never had a chance to meet them until now so it was a real treat and I adore them all. It's nice when families can be friends too. We went to see movies, swimming, fishing, thrifting, cruised the Capitol and had a cocktail or two ;) they also held a little reception for Toby and I and also for his cousin Benny and his wife Alyssa. Ashley (another fantastic cousin) made the cakes and Amber (yet another fantastic cousin) picked out our cake topper. As you will see below, it was hilarious and sweet. Anyone who can link childhood wrestling (yes, wrestling) memories with a wedding has my respect. All in all it was wonderful to meet and connect with new family and there are already talks of a wintertime visit! YAY SNOW!

Enjoy the pictures and talk to you soon,

Brooke

P.S. We actually DID cross the Delaware while we were fishing! So cool. And also, sorry about the photos being super out of sequence. I added them via iPod so it screwed it up somehow. until we get set up in the new apartment (yay) it will be less than perfect. Oh well.

Uncle Pete's fishing boat!
The breakfast Toby made for me one morning :)
mmm, summer days at Aunt Beth's pool. Miss it already!
Herr's chips! He is a happy man.
The little town of Middletown, DE.
Queen Anne's Lace. One of my favorite blooms, even if it is a weed. Beauty in simplicity, I say.
This little creature befriended me (Chase, by name) and was always by
my side. I miss his sweet little face.
The biggest fish of the day!
Toby making breakfast.
Ok, so I was OBSESSED with this movie all throughout my childhood
and could quote every line. When I saw this movie score record at Goodwill
I flipped out! I wish I had a record player!
This is us on the way home when we stopped at the battle site at Fredericksburg, VA.
Toby kneeling by the original wall built during the Civil War.
WE'RE ON A BOAT! lol
L to R: Toby, Amber, Me, Ashley, Bud aka the 4 horsemen...even though there is five of us lol. All we are missing is our beloved SARAH, Toby's amazing sister. (Check her out on instagram: nalismo)
Another from Fredericksburg.
The participants: Uncle Pete, Toby, Bud, and Me. Poor Bud only caught this poor little
fellow, which sucks, because he is an excellent fisherman. But it was HILARIOUS. I caught the most
and Toby caught the biggest. Pete gave moral support as the most seasoned of the bunch :)
The cloud factory on the river! JK, its just a nuclear plant, but we decided that it was a cloud factory.
THE CAKE! Ok, so the family gave us a belated reception and the
amazing cousins made the cake. Toby and them LOVED the wrestler Sting
back in the day so he and another fabulous wrestling lady adorned our cake.
It was super funny and sweet...in a childhood memories way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...