More about the birds

Thursday, January 5, 2012

G-D vs the World: Trust

Tell me if you recognize this scenario:
You start out positive, life is good, then tragedy strikes. A breakup,a death, a betrayal. You go into hiding and vow you'll never *insert applicable verb* again. Then, whenever it IS time to *insert applicable verb* again, you have to wrestle and war with yourself to do it, causing damage to you and others.
Sound familiar?

Probably, because we have ALL been there. We've all been battered and bruised, and the natural response to that is to give up, or, become so "tough" that we'll never get hurt again. WRONG-O. We live in a world where people are selfish...it's true. Even us bloggers have many "look at me" moments, maybe more than others, haha. Why do I say that? Because when we're so bent on looking out for potential harm, we never catch the potential good.

So what does the world say about trust?
"Look out for yourself. Do what you have to do to make it. An eye for an eye. Everyone is out to get you"
Believe me, I was (and still battle with being) just such a person who would hold you at arms-length just to keep from getting too close, because I KNEW I'd get hurt. But G-D (one of the BEST phrases ever) kind of had to break me of that. I held my battle scars more dear than my blessings.

So what does G-D say about trust?
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16
G-D never said life would be easy, in fact, He let us know we would have troubles, but if we trust in HIM and hold fast to Him, we know that He will be there to get us out of every hardship.
And hey, He's got a great track record! Just look at the stories of Moses, Joshua, Noah, David...its really too long of a list. And if you don't buy that, take a look at all the things in your life that could have totally wiped you out...but it didn't. And if you don't buy THAT, e-mail me. I got some stories about His goodness, baby! G-D is the one who delivers us. You can't deliver you...I know I can't!

Be encouraged this week. I know life is hard, but G-D is with you! Love to you all!

~B~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...