More about the birds

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Feelin' pretty good tonight!

     With another beautiful Yom Kippur past, our first anniversary coming up, and Sukkot coming soon, I just don't have a lot of complaints right now! Today was fabulous, even when it was stressful. The enemy LOVES to try and make un-special what is special to G-D and His people. But, if we press on and press in, that little bully never wins. During the fast today I got really weak and shaky. This happens sometimes when I don't eat, but it was different today. Call me crazy, but something in me enjoyed it. I need my flesh (and by flesh I mean the icky parts of my sin nature that try to cling to my spirit) to waste and away and feel faint so that the spirit G-D has breathed in me can flourish! The key about Yom Kippur is to deny yourself and to rest. It seems a bit contradicting but I have never rested so well but on these days. As a believer, it is our MISSION to deny ourselves, to take up our crosses daily and follow Him. Getting refined hurts, but man is it worth it when Yeshua Himself sees more of Himself in us!!


    We had a lovely break the fast with our dear friends and ate til our hearts content. Also, we had a fire pit that our friends so cleverly crafted in their backyard. I love Georgia :) We just got to hang out around the fire and talk and laugh and just enjoy each other's company. I suggest everyone do this every once in a while. No TV. No movies. just people. HANG OUT for crying out loud!

Well, I am off to go and do fun anniversary things so I hope you all have a fabulous day and enjoy!
Post-Yom Kippur fire pit!

Pretty Pumkins at Kroger

Mmm! S'mores with kosher marshmallows!

After service at home:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...