More about the birds

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Our 3rd date of Hanukkah: Making Latkes!

Making potato latkes, a traditional Jewish food at Hanukkah, is something I had never done by myself.
So, in light of the holiday season, we decided that our 3rd date would be to make them together for lunch after Shabbat service! It was so much fun. Toby cut up the veggies for Israeli Salad, and I burned my flesh off while making the darn latkes haha. It wasn't bad for my first time! The recipe was easy so it didn't take a rocket scientist, luckily. Also, the kid's classes (called Shabbat School) at our synagogue had too many boxes of sufganiyot (jelly filled donuts) and they gave us a box! So woohoo for us! Needless to say, we had sour stomachs after so much sugar and fried foods, but it was worth it!

Also, we finally got to catch up on our beloved show, "The Office". We broke down and bought season 7 and so far, it is soooo funny! No spoilers, please!

Mixin' up the ingredients!
Before and after!
Ready to eat!
Sweet Toby chopping up the vegetables.
Sweeney Todd (haha)...
...and Mrs. Lovett. :)
SEASON 7! He shoots, he scores...

Now I realize that as far as Hanukkah goes, I'm running out of days. But, who says the dates can't extend past Hanukkah? No one :) So I'm still excited for more!

~B~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...