More about the birds

Thursday, November 3, 2011

DIY: Autumn brew recipe


     If you are like me, then Autumn makes you giddy and wanting to crawl under the covers, read a book and drink hot tea all day long! I LOVE all things Autumn. All the reds and browns and oranges and yellows and the cool crispness that is September through November. One of my favorite things about Autumn is the smell. I can't explain it, but there is a smell in the air that is like...I don't know. It's just warm and fuzzy! However, I cannot bring that smell inside my home so I have to create something else. My mom used to always make this mixture by the time November came around and it filled the whole house with this amazing holiday smell (works around the winter holidays too!).
All you need is:  A small pot a little more than half full of water
                        1 tsp Cinnamon
                        1/2 tsp cloves
                        and a few sprinkles of Ginger (if you want)
*Keep in mind, I am not a person who measures as far as this goes, I just go by what smells good so feel free to improvise.

1. Put the pot of water on about medium heat and let it warm for a few minutes.
2. Add cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and stir.
3. Give the brew a few minutes to mix and heat, then enjoy the warm and yummy smell!

We've been enjoying this for a few days now! When I'm at work or when we go to sleep, I just put the lid on and heat it back up again the next day. It can last like that for about 2 to 3 days (depending on frequency of use).

Hope you are having a fabulous Autumn! Let me know if you try the recipe and like it or if you add anything fun to it!

~B~

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh how yummy does that sound!!! I love autumn so much too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I will be sad to see it go! Thanks for stopping by Carrie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...