More about the birds

Monday, September 17, 2012

absence makes the heart grow fonder...



Hello all,

It has been dreadfully long since I last wrote in my beloved little online journal. The starting of school for me, work for Toby and ministry for both has thrown us for quite a loop. So much of a loop that I scarcely remember to brush my teeth at night! However, life continues and God is still good and therefore I "keep calm and carry on" as they say. Well, sometimes.

Anyhow, I figure I'd like to share some insta-memories from the past few weeks since it's been so long!

And on another note, tonight at sundown begins Yom T'ruah (aka Rosh HaShannah) which means the day of blowing (shofars). It's a time of repentance and soul-searching and I LOVE it. I love all these Fall feasts that are about to come up, which hopefully I will make some time to share about them with you. But for now, I will live you with the instas of our lives and will see you next time.

~B~

Back to school! (pictured: my crazy calendar full of dates, obligations and deadlines, coffee,
Dream Visions and Other Poems by Geoffrey Chaucer, and The Monk by Matthew Lewis.)
The Monster aka all of Shakespeare's plays combined in one brilliantly bound
book that basically weighs 200 pounds.
Jane Austen!
A friendly reminder at our new apartment's dumpster.
My lovely new (well, thrifted but new to me) teapot that I found for 6 bucks
at Goodwill thrift store. It's perfect, and I've been searching for years for the kettle
that would suit me best. Hooray! The cup is thrifted too :)
Got back into the challah baking gig this week and if felt good! Shabbat is not
the same without it!
It's pumpkin time!!! Come on, cool weather!
Times are stressful and I get discouraged sometimes, but this is a great reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...