More about the birds

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Retreat Recap

Hello all,

It has been a fun and travel-filled weekend! I took my youth girls on a retreat in Alabama all about being set apart. We had a bunch of fun at the beach in Panama City and then really received some beautiful words of wisdom from the Father. The main speaker from this weekend was Leslie Ludy from setapartgirl.com. She brought up many topics that were relevant, but the one that stuck with me was truly believing that God will answer your prayers.

I think so many times I have this defeatist attitude that if I can't understand it then God must not really have any plan for me. SO NOT TRUE. God is the ultimate Dad. He knows what we need before we even ask it. If a mother sees that her child's shoes are wearing out, she doesn't wait for the kid to ask for some shoes...she just goes and gets them because she already knows. God is like that with us. There are things I have been praying for and have not recieved answers yet, but that's not because God is busy or doesn't care or doesn't know what to do either...it means HIS timing for it has not come yet. I need to have faith in my Father and truly pray and seek Him. He ALWAYS is faithful to His promises.
"The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises     and faithful in all he does."
-Psalm 145:13b
Here are a few instagram photos of our crazy, God-filled weekend!

Beautiful Panama City.
No, this is not a pool. That's the actual water there! PERFECT!
Soakin' up the sun in my little (big) hat.
We REALLY like Chick-Fil-A.
Aren't they PRECIOUS?
Pretty Alabama farmland (although, we pretended we were in Kansas).
 See you next time!

~B~

4 comments:

  1. wow- so jealous! I have always wanted to go to panama. What gorgeous pictures! Cute blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! We got to go to Panama City Florida which, is busy as all get out, but freakin gorgeous. Thanks so much girl!

      Delete
  2. what beautiful images captured!!! panama city looks stunning!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah it was pretty amazing...I had my beach time with God which CAN'T BE BEAT! And got a little golden too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...