More about the birds

Monday, September 5, 2011

I need new glasses.

     Recently, I took my youth group girls on a retreat in Alabama. The drive up was fun (and crazy, of course) but on the way back home, we had to drive on the outskirts of a tropical storm! Not only was this my first out of state trip that I was in charge of, but I had to partially drive in the rain, which is not too high on my list of favorite things to do. The later it got, and the heavier the rain got, it was harder for me to see. I have glasses, well, I HAD glasses until I lost them, haha. The only pair of glasses I had were reading glasses and everything is very blurry with those. I had to squint and strain, but by the grace of G-D I made it home safely!

     G-D told me something
about that situation. That is how we live our lives with the L-RD most times. We do our best to see clearly in this world, but it is only with His grace that we make it through. In 1 Corinthians 13:12 it says that for now we "see through a glass, darkly," which means, not everything is clear to us, spiritually. G-D takes us along stormy journeys sometimes and the only way we can make it with our "dark glasses" is to trust that G-D will be our eyes and help get us through the storm. I have situations in my life right NOW that I really can't see clearly, and to be honest, it sometimes makes me want to just throw in the towel and give up. I know we all have those moments. But, G-D always gives us just enough to get to the next step, even if it's hard.

Even though I'm waiting for some new glasses in actual life (haha) I am looking forward to the day when I see clearly...when I see His face and know Him like I've been wanting to for so long.

Be encouraged and keep looking up!

~Brooke~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...