More about the birds

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My very first (almost) Mother's Day

I realize that Mother's Day was not exactly yesterday, but we've been a bit busy 'round here with baby things, graduation things and all sorts of things, so please forgive my absence!

Usually Mother's Day is a great time it remember all the mothers around me that have helped to shape me into who I am. It was still a day all about those incredible women,  but for the first time I got to participate in the festivities as a new (or almost new) mama. It was kind of not real in some ways. I have moments of feeling like I will be pregnant forever and then moments of clarity where I realize that this bundle of joy will be here in little over a month. Well, Mother's Day was definitely a moment of clarity.

My first Mother's Day card ever!
We had a Mother's Day weekend of sorts. We grilled burgers, made kale salad, washed baby clothes and put them in his drawer, set up the baby bed, bought a car seat and other baby goods, and laughed until we hurt. Every violent kick to my ribs tat this little squirt gave me was proof of motherhood to me and even though it hurt sometimes, I loved every minute. Oh and if any of you have seen (and loved) the movie Twister, we made steak and eggs on Sunday morning and quoted the movie the whole time. "You slaughter your own cows? Meg, nice."



Also let me just add that newborn shirts are probably the cutest thing to fold ever in the world. That is one load of laundry that was so much fun to do!



To all of my blogger mother friends, I hope your day was full of fun and made you feel super appreciated! I know I appreciate all the wisdom you give on your blogs!

Much love,

~B~

Also, for any of my friends who are almost-moms like me, here are some great posts to check out from the lovely Lauren Hartmann. Bam, bam and bam. Seriously, if you have not discovered this amazing lady, do it now. She's super raw and real and just as nice as she seems!

2 comments:

  1. such cute little onesies!

    we don't really do much for mothers day, so it isn't a big reminder to me of being a mom, but i know it can be a really special holiday! i remember the excitement of being pregnant with my first. it's scary, but exciting at the same time! but being a mom is such an amazing feeling. it's literally like, you're one person, and then a second later- the second you're child is born, you just change. it's quite remarkable, and worth every minute of lost sleep, and horrible frustrations i've experienced.

    i've seen twister... but it was a long time ago... going to have to check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbit: You've got a lot of beef. Where did you get all this beef?
    Meg: Did you see my cows out front?
    Rabbit: No.
    Meg: Aha!

    I was so happy to read this... So happy for you both!! Hang in there!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...